I decided I wanted to showcase the wonderful members of Yarn Corner. I formed the yarn bombing collective at the end of May 2011 and it's quickly grown to well over 200 brilliant members. It can sometimes take a lot to manage them all and that's why I brought on side a wonderful team of admins to help me. So we'll start with profiling them and then get onto the other lovely people of YC.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
1. How long have you been yarn bombing? How did you start?
I have only been an Admin member at Yarn Corner since January this year but I love it.It is very rewarding when you are involved with the co-ordination of projects and then you see it all come together like City Square.
4. Have you always been a crafty person?I have always been rather crafty, my mother taught me to knit when I was about 8 and all my Auntie's are crafty also so I had a lot of support when I was learning. As a child I enjoyed doing Latch hook and Cross stitch projects and I despised crochet because I just couldn't get it needless to say Crochet is now all I do having re-taught myself this past year :)
Until recently I didn't think it was very big within Australia but I have noticed it growing and it is wonderful when you travel around the country and see other yarn bombers pieces
6. What can be frustrating about yarn bombing?
8. Do you think yarn bombers get a bad rap?
9. What does your husband think about your yarn bombing?
10. How much of your life is taken up by yarn bombing?
11. What do you see the future of yarn bombing being like?My vision for Yarn bombing in the future would be for it to be more widely accepted by councils and even promoted as it is already by some. I would love for it to be endorsed within our schools so that future generations have access to and are able to be taught how to knit/crochet just like I was taught as a child.
12. Who is your fave yarn bombing artist?
I don't have a favourite artist but Bali and the members of Yarn Corner continually inspire me to aim bigger and better. Let's reach for the stars!! (OH the first yarn bomb in outer space)....see what Yarn bombing does to you! Lol