Location: Burwood, VIC Australia
Blog: will commence on late 2012
It's all Bali's fault!! Was interested in her adventures and was invited to this new group called Yarn Corner. After the first meeting the three of us (can't believe there was only three of us at that first meet!!) went to Fed Square to check out the Lights In Winter structure and was just blown away.
My first piece was done late on 15th July 2011.
2. Is it true that you loom all your yarn bombs? Why did you make this choice?
Quite a few months ago Bali was discussing how she had started looming and getting a few people trying it. Since I still couldn't seem to get the hang of crocheting I thought I'd give it a go. So just before the second meet of Yarn Corner my darling one purchased a loom kit, some yarn and other bits & pieces for me to get started. :)
I really love looming now and some of the yarns I use are so gorgeous, so thick and soft.
I look forward to what's next with my looming adventures ~ including learning to cable stitch and granny squares & rounds
My darling one has made me some wooden handled loom picks and eventually will be making me a loom ~ am very excited!!!!
4. Have crafts always been a part of your life?Yes, I have always been encouraged to try different crafts. My favourite craft now is card making.
Mum is a knitter and she did try to teach me when I was young, as did her left handed friend. The casting on/off just never seemed to click (yes, even though it's apparently very easy lol!). Also, though she didn't teach it, Dad's mother was an amazing crocheter.so yarn has always been part of my life.
5. Do politics have a place in your yarn bombing?
6. What can be frustrating about yarn bombing?
8. What opportunities has yarn bombing given you?
9. Do you think yarn bombing differs from country to country?
11. Do you think you have a specific style with your yarn bombing?
12. Who is your fave yarn bombing artist?